As we prepare for the re-opening of the Manhattan Athletic Club, we want to share updates on the safety and security measures we are taking, and information about the exciting new virtual exercise programs that we are offering to members.
To ensure the health and safety of our members, the following policies will be implemented upon re-opening:
Face-Coverings & Safety Barriers:
- All members, trainers, and group instructors will be required to wear face coverings upon entering the MAC.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk and the juice bar.
- All group classes will be conducted on the basketball court where members can easily social-distance.
Reservations & Distancing:
- Members (and guests) will be required to reserve 90-minute work-out slots prior to visiting the gym. More information to come on this procedure.
- Approximately one-half of the cardio equipment will be temporarily unavailable to help members maintain safe distancing.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed generously throughout the gym floor and locker rooms.
- Our 24-hour cleaning staff and maintenance staff will be sanitizing the entire facility with a state-of-the-art, non-toxic, germ-killing, sanitizing “backpack and spray hose” to disinfect all surfaces, equipment, and locker rooms.
In advance of our official re-opening date, we have launched more than three dozen virtual classes with many of your favorite instructors and trainers—available to their families, free of charge. Virtual memberships will also be available September 1 at a discounted rate for all current members or purchased separately on a stand-alone basis for non-members. Check out our website for more info!
We look forward to seeing you in person soon!